Why Did I Choose The Ionic Framework For Mobile App Development?
What I Like About Ionic
1. I can build apps for multiple platforms
2. The Ionic team build stuff I want and need
In short, Ionic makes life easier for me, I can focus on building functionality for my apps instead of reinventing the wheel.
Compared to hybrid apps, mixing Ionic code with native mobile app code in PhoneGap allows for higher performance of the resulting product: utilizing AngularJS (rather than jQuery) allows Ionic to rely on native hardware acceleration (rather than extensive DOM manipulation). Ionic leverages CSS transitions and transforms for animation as a way to leverage the GPU and maximize available processor time.
4. Providing a native experience with web technologies
HTML is the most widely used language for mobile app developers. The main reasons among developers for selecting web technologies are cross-platform portability of code and the low cost of development. We’ve also heard that hybrid apps tend to be sluggish and poorly designed. Let’s prove whether it’s possible to deliver the native look and feel that we’re used to.
5. Makes my users feel at home
A single code base doesn’t mean that the app should look and feel exactly the same on all platforms. Your users will not care at all about the underlying cross-platform technology. They just want the app to behave as expected; they want to feel “at home.” Your first stop should be each platform’s design guidelines:
- “iOS Design Resources,” iOS Developer Library
- “Android Design,” Android Developers
- “Design,” Windows Dev Center
While these guidelines might not perfectly suit all kinds of apps, they still provide a comprehensive and standard set of interfaces and experiences that users on each platform will know and expect.
- Developer can use existing web skills
- One code base for multiple platforms
- Reduced development time and cost
- Easily design for various form factors (including tablets) using responsive web design
- Access to some device and operating system features
- Advanced offline capabilities
- Increased visibility because the app can be distributed natively (via app stores) and to mobile
- browsers (via search engines)